The S&S Precision Manta Strobe™ is a helmet mounted multi-spectrum light emitter optimized for Military Operations. S&S Precisions goal is clear; keep it simple for the end user, provide the highest level of performance through “Select” Electronic components combined with smart programming for highest output and extended battery life.
This strobe is specifically designed to fit the curvature of modern combat helmets, and is a dedicated helmet-mounted individual marking device. It provides Infrared and overt light modes at the push of a button. Easily found and activated with one hand, buttons are positioned in an intuitive manner so the operator does not need to look at it. Unlike any other device, the form factor sweeps back with no protruding edges, greatly reducing snag hazards. Its patented design prevents accidental discharge of white light, so it will always turn on in Infrared mode. A tiny vibrating motor pulses, letting the operator feel that the Infrared strobe is active. Two side buttons require simultaneous activation to trigger the visible strobe, reducing operator error and increasing safety in the field.
- Zero overt light AD….
- 100% user confidence in Infrared Mode with Vibrating feedback
- Intuitive One-handed operation
- Multiple Infrared and Overt LEDs generate an overlapping and omnidirectional light emission
- Curved base specifically for helmets
- Lightest weight and lowest profile in its power class – 2.12 oz. with battery
- Tool-less battery change out, 3V CR-123
- Downward (”Low”) facing Infrared Emitter (positive IFF for close in work with minimal glare)
- Upward (“High”) facing Infrared Emitters (multiple emitters delivering a peak IR signal for maximum distance)
- IPX8 = Manufacturer Rated – Waterproof 150’, Zero water penetration in Main Housing or Partitioned Battery Compartment
- Primary Overt LED/s are visible beyond the FAR105.19 requirement (3 Statute Miles)
*Battery not included
*Does not include webbing adapter
This item has ITAR/EAR restricted, and cannot be sent outside of the US. This includes military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO)