Sparrows Tuxedo Lock Pick Set
The Tuxedo Set by SPARROWS is designed to be your EDC (or every day carry) set. The Tuxedo Set was designed for professionals who want a lock pick set with minimal bulk while being able to open a wide range of locks, this set is also great for beginners that are looking to progress quickly.
This set includes 7 carefully selected picks that will open a wide variety of locks from standard front door locks to high security locks. Each pick has a smooth finish to help with lock manipulation and feedback. This set also includes one special 0.015 thin pick for narrow or full keyway picking. Also included are 6 tension wrenches of varying widths allowing for perfect control over the lock core. Available with either a coyote case or black case.
Tuxedo Set includes:
- 1 x Best Buster Snake Rake 0.025” Thick
- 1 x Triple Rake 0.025” Thick
- 1 x Small Half Diamond 0.025” Thick
- 1 x Offset Hybrid 0.025” Thick
- 1 x Short Hook 0.025” Thick
- 1 x City Rake 0.025” Thick
- 1 x Short Hook 0.015” Thick
- 6 x Tension Wrenches (Level One Tension Set)
- 1 x Tuxedo Case (available in coyote or black)
– The “Best-Buster” is an altered profile similar to the traditional “snake rake”. This rake is effective on many lock types, but is specifically designed for shallow, sweeping key bitting like those found in Best, Arrow, and Falcon locks.
– The “Triple-Peak” is used on the withdrawal stroke and is one of the most effective rakes available. It differs from a traditional rake in the way it functions by using a “ramping” effect like bumping. It is similar to the double peak with different spacing.
– The “Small Half Diamond” acts like a wedge while manipulating pins in keyways that are arranged in a manner that prevents the use of a hook-type pick. The half diamond wedges itself under, and sometimes past the pins that are set too low to get a traditional hook under.
– The “Offset Hybrid” is a combination of a shallow hook, and a rounded half diamond. The wedge-like point and specially rounded bottom edge slides through the keyway. With the pick acting as a centered fulcrum you will find that this pick has extremely smooth and controlled lifts. This is critical for locks like ASSA.
– The “Standard Short Hook” or lifter is the first “go-to” pick in the arsenal. This Pick is more versatile and is used more often than any other pick. It is designed to let the user feel all of the intricacies of the lock and manipulate pins individually. When the pick is used in a raking technique it is also possible to work several pins at the same time. This pick is good for a wide range of keyway types, and pinning arrangements.
– The “City Rake” is a standard rake that has proven to be indispensable over the years. This pick does a fantastic job of emulating the key bitting found among most common commercial and residential locks such as Kwikset, Weiser and Master.
These lock picks are manufactured by SPARROWS out of American Made 301 Cold Max Steel with average tension strength of 280,000 PSI.
- Practice locks sold seperately.