Sprinco buffer springs are constructed from Certified Chrome Silicon wirestock to ISO 9001:2008 quality standards to withstand extreme heat and highly cyclic rate. The certification rating ensures a consistency in the parent material of 95%, which translates to repeatable consistency in performance & function. Certified Valve Quality Chrome Silicon wire is used in very high stress applications such as, NASCAR, Formula One, Moto GP & Pro Stock racing motor valve springs which makes Chrome Silicon wire the obvious choice for use in these high quality buffer springs. In addition, all of these Chrome Silicon buffer springs are heat treated, stress relieved, and dual-stage shot peened in separate post winding treatments. They also treat each spring with a proprietary, deep-penetrating, Re-Micronized (to .3 Micron particle size), inhibited, Molybdenum-Disulfide (MoS2) formulation to eliminate 90% of all mechanical wear on the spring. The combination of materials & processes result in a loss of no more than 5% in spring efficiency. The minimum anticipated duty cycles of these buffer spring are in excess of 1,500,000 cycles.
- ASTM Grade A877 Certified Valve Quality Chrome Silicon Wirestock
- Heat Treated, Stress Relieved and Dual Stage Shot-Peened post winding (Our springs really ARE shot-peened)
- Impregnation / Plating with Re-Micronized Molybdenum Disulfide formulation
- Hard plastic tube packaging for protected transport and easy storage (we order our springs in bulk and may or may not come in the original packaging)
Shortened “lock time” for faster sight recovery and platform stability
Consistent spring pressure throughout the duty cycle of the spring, resulting in fewer malfunctions related to spring operation.
Improved & consistent cyclic operation. Spring will not change performance for many hundreds of thousands of rounds.
Greater resistance to heat induced performance degradation
Reduced cyclic rate with Enhanced or Extra Power springs and reduce / eliminate bolt bounce with optimal spring / buffer weight selection.
Reduced operating cost as replacement springs are not needed during the life of your firearm!
Correct spring selection works reliably, consistently, and virtually indefinitely in all properly built and maintained AR platforms.
BUFFER SPRING SELECTIONS:
- “WHITE Spring” STANDARD Power Buffer Spring. Equivalent spring load to a “fresh” Mil-Spec M4 Carbine Spring. This spring will perform reliably in any properly configured and maintained 5.56 Carbine, if you wish to maintain the performance of a “fresh” Mil-Spec load spring without concern for replacement. This is the best choice for shooters and purists that wish to maintain the performance of most factory supplied NEW Mil-Spec springs, but do not wish to be concerned with frequent replacement of same or do not have the time or inclination to seek enhanced performance options.
- “WHITE/RED Spring” INTERMEDIATE Power Buffer Spring is a balance between the standard Mil-Spec Carbine Spring and the Enhanced buffer spring.
- “BLUE Spring” ENHANCED Power Buffer Spring, Offers improved performance with most non-suppressed 12.5″-14.5″ SBR’s, 16″ DI Mid-Length BBLS, and all mid-length uppers with adjustable gas blocks. Best performance is usually achieved using buffers ranging from ST-2T, H2, DPMS Extra Heavy Buffer. Will run in 18″+ Length BBL RRA’S with ST-T2 Buffers. Color Coded BLUE.
- “RED Spring” EXTRA Power Buffer Spring, Best option for 16″+ 5.56 barrels with carbine length gas system and H buffers, 16″ + barrel gas piston guns, some suppressed short barrels, and later generation Colt LE6920’s, 9mm, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, .458 SOCOM, 450 Bushmaster, .500 Beowulf using standard 7″ depth M4 extension tubes. AR-10 Carbines (E.G. Armalite, Noveske, LMT) using deeper extension tubes and standard length carbine buffers to accommodate the longer .308 BCG also use the “RED” Spring. Color Coded RED.
- “Yellow Spring” REDUCED Power Buffer Spring.
- “ORANGE Spring” The ONLY specifically engineered EXTRA POWER Buffer Spring for .308 Carbine Platforms using standard 7″ Depth M4 extension tubes and .308 short 2.5″ buffers (Including aftermarket “heavy buffers.”) You cannot clip coils from any other commercially available buffer spring to yield the proper spring loads for this application, especially in heavily gassed .308 carbine platforms. Color Coded ORANGE.
- “GREEN Spring” In addition to use in 5.56 Fixed Stock Rifles, the “GREEN Spring” is perfect for the VLTOR A-5 Stock System using their buffer system for maximum versatility with or without a suppressor. Color Coded GREEN.