Texas License to Carry Course. This course of instruction includes the classroom instruction and qualification testing.
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS COURSE WITHOUT PREVIOUS COORDINATION WITH AN INSTRUCTOR OR GROUP LEADER
What to expect:
- 4+ hours of classroom instruction.
- 1-2 hours (depending on class size) of handgun qualification testing.
Mandatory Range Equipment to Qualify:
- Semi-automatic handgun or revolver (unloaded and in a box) of any caliber in good repair and have no modifications that will make the handgun less safe.
- Baseball cap
- Shooting glasses, prescription glasses, or quality sunglasses.
- Hearing protection (available to borrow)
- Footwear that entirely covers both feet
- 50 rounds of commercially produced ammunition
Range Qualification Test Requirements (as mandated by the Texas DPS)
- Total of 50 rounds fired at a B-27 target (45″ high x 24″ wide)
- Score of 175 out of 250 possible points (70 percentile) required to pass
- Shooting stance from the ready position where firearm is already in a position to fire
|3 Yard Line – 20 Rounds|
|7 Yard Line – 20 Rounds|
|15 Yard Line – 10 Rounds|